Added on 26/06/2019
Do you remember when summer holidays were a time to unplug and relax completely? Unfortunately, in today’s hyper-connected world, it’s become increasingly difficult to take a stress-free summer break from your business. But it’s not impossible.
Here are our top 10 tips for unplugging from your business:
1. Cash flow is especially important during the summer holidays, when you, key staff and your customers will be away. Plan ahead and do a cash flow forecast to avoid payment delays. Here are some ideas to help you prevent a summer sales slump.
2. Make sure invoices are still paid on time while you’re away otherwise you may damage your credit rating, limiting access to supplies on credit.
Freshbooks - is an online accounts package. They have some very useful information about generating simple invoices. Click through and have a read >>> here.
3. If you’re normally the person who authorises payments, make sure someone else can approve them in your absence. Or alternatively, agree how you’ll be contacted to authorise and make payments.
4. Give a complete a proper handover in good time before you go away. Advise suppliers or customers of alternatives to their regular contacts.
5. Use your out of office email and give out details for an alternative contact. If necessary, make sure your inbox is checked regularly, perhaps by a trusted VA service.
6. Make sure remaining staff understand why they’re expected to take on extra work and cover some of your work while you’re on holiday. It’s an opportunity for your team to step up as well as to show team spirit.
7. If you can’t switch off completely, set aside a specific time each day when you’ll check in with the office. Aside from that pre-determined time, let go of work.
8. If you’re a sole trader or micro-business, arrange for a call answering service while you’re away.
9. Do a handover/back with your key staff when you return from holiday. This will get you back up to speed quickly.
10. Give yourself a day in the office to catch up with what’s been happening while you’ve been away. Aside from a handover, keep that day clear of meetings.
We hope these tips help you to make the most of your time off.
To help you enjoy your holiday, we’ve got a special summer offer for you. Book and pay for your order by 11:59pm, 5th July, 2019 and save 15% on your order.*
Start a conversation with us to take us up on this crazy offer.
Just click through and let's start a conversation >>> Let's talk
*Discount will be applied to your total print costs, excluding artwork and hardware. No minimum purchase necessary, and will only apply to enquiries started after 27th June 2019, approved and paid for by 11.59pm on 5th July 2019. Discount does not apply to orders made online through our webshop.